The winter is almost over, and every family is looking forward to bright sunny days actively spent outdoors. However, spring is the season full of surprises. Which clothes should caring parents foresee so that to ensure the comfort of their toddler outside?
Thinking about the spring wardrobe, it is necessary to mind the weather forecast for the upcoming months. However, it can unexpectedly change. Even with the warmest forecast, foresee not only light long toddler dresses but also warm dresses for toddler girl and pants, sweaters, jackets, etc.
A tip for you: statistically, toddlers grow faster in winter than in summer. Thus, buying spring outfits a little bit bigger in size will save you from buying new items for autumn. However, of course, it depends on the personal rhythms of your baby.
What to Include on a Shopping List
- Windproof jacket: this is one of the must-haves for an active toddler who will undoubtedly run and climb all the time spent outside. The biggest danger in spring is in the wind that is still cold after winter. Running for 10 minutes, your child is in sweat. To avoid catching a cold, a windproof jacket will become the savior. It should be lightweight and create no discomfort to an always-moving child.
- Windproof overall can be a great alternative, especially if you leave in regions with high humidity and often rains as such clothes usually protect not only against the wind but also against rainwater. Besides, it is convenient as covers all the body of a child. So, you will have no worries that the back or stomach will be exposed.
- Rubber boots and umbrella: rain can unexpectedly catch you outside. Besides, a stroll is a perfect possibility for a toddler to spend some energy. Why avoid this possibility because of the morning rain? Equip your toddler in rubber boots and let your child jump in puddles. Of course, the outfits can also suffer, so choose respectively.
- Convenient shoes: water-resistant ones are the best option. You may not always have the possibility to put the boots on. Thus, you should be sure that the feet of your child will not be warm and cold. Besides, be sure that they are not slippery to avoid injuries.
- Two or three pairs of pants: you can opt for jeans, however, if they are tight, they can prevent active movements. Thus, the only important condition is the freedom of activities for a child. For parents, it is better to choose grey and other dark colors so that these pants could survive the spring. There are plenty of collections, while the materials that are used will withstand a lot of washing cycles.
- T-shirts and long-sleeves of natural fabrics: just like in winter, the skin has to be in contact only with natural materials. When there is a risk of sweat, such textiles will absorb humidity and not overheat the skin. It was already mentioned that an abrupt wind can cause a cold. On the top, you can for a sweater with additives or a fleece jacket.
- Hoodie or zipper: the choice will depend on what you and your child prefer. Though a warm cotton-and-fleece zipper can substitute a jacket in April, as well as will be put on during chilly summer evenings if you are the family who is used to spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Vest with the hood: it can substitute an upper garment if you are not sure what to put on, a zipper or a jacket. It is lightweight to take with and will not overheat a child if the sun goes out.
The biggest inconvenience and even danger of the spring season is its unpredictability. You go out on a sunny day and return home wet from the rain. Though this is not the reason to stay home. A smartly selected wardrobe and a jacket or vest taken with can help. Besides, going out regularly in spring will help avoid additional contact with viruses, thus, you are going to be less subject to illnesses.
Choosing outfits for spring or any other season, it is crucial to remember that safety and comfort are top priorities for your toddler. Materials should be flexible and allow your baby to move. It is not necessary to overpack your toddler with the layers of clothes. Remember that it moves more than you and can be dressed not as warm as parents. Checking the neck regularly will help understand if a child is overheated or cold.