High waist jeans are types of garments that are designed to sit higher than the wearer’s hips. They gained popularity from the 1970s to rival the low-rise jeans. Up until today, they remain to be a favorite fashion item because of how easy it is to style them. They can be paired with practically anything, just adding consideration to the color of the garments being paired. They are great in terms of emphasizing the hips and the buttocks — parts of the body that are considered attractive.
Listed below are countless ways by which you can style your high waisted shorts and jeans.
- If you’re wearing a furry crop top, you might want to tone down your outfit a bit by settling for some classic high waisted jeans.
2. For a semi formal look, you can pair your black high-waisted pants with a collared blouse and some heels.
3. You may also wear baggy high waisted pants if you want to appear larger than you are. It’s a great trick for petite individuals. Add some high heels and you automatically look someone of a bigger size.
4. You can pair your black high waisted pants with a cropped tank top and some bright-colored stilettos.
5. High waisted denim shorts go really well with boots and a flowy crop top. The whole look just screams casual and chill.
6. Here is another high-waisted jeans and stilettos combo. It demonstrates that pairing even the simplest pair of jeans with heels automatically upgrades the look.
7. This combination of a lacy crop top with high waisted denim shorts strongly gives off coachella vibes. The gold accessories gave a touch of elegance to the whole look.
8. Black high waisted jeans are perfect for casual looks. Just pair them with a white crop top and some plain black leather sneakers.
9. High waisted denim shorts are for plus-sized women, too! As seen in this photo, this beauty looks stunning in the shorts that hug her curves.
10. You may pair your faded high waisted shorts with a plain top, which is the common and ideal combo. To upgrade your look, just add a floral scarf for a splash of color.
11. Another good combination is to wear denim on denim. It gives the illusion of coordination, as if the model is wearing a romper. Hats are a great plus.
12. To stray away from the monotonous combo of a plain top with high waisted denim jeans, you may upgrade your look with an olive colored over-sized jacket and printed pair of high heels.
13. For a sleek look, you may pair your high waisted slacks with a cropped top with cold shoulder cuts. Making the rest of your accessories black gives an overall look of formality and class.
14. Styling your high waisted jeans with a leather belt that matches your top and shoes never goes out of style.
15. High waisted shorts need not be denim all the time! A pastel piece may be paired with a navy blue crop top.
16. Another upgrade from the traditional jeans look is by opting for the ripped ones!
17. Here is another traditional combo between jeans and a plain top. The overall look was upgraded by the pink patterned kimono with a fringed hem.
18. You can look like a bad ass by wearing a leather jacket and pairing it with your high waisted jeans.
19. Here is another example of pairing a plain white top with a pair of black jeans. If your top is not cropped, you may want to tuck in the front in order to show off the high waisted detail and to accentuate your hips.
20. Another style of high waisted jeans you might like are the ones with an acid wash design. It means that contrary to a single color, the pattern instead shows a dominant color and faded versions of it, thus creating a new texture.
21. In this style, the cut of the jeans are woodcut. This is great if you want to emphasize the height and make yourself look a bit taller.
22. Here is another example of wearing a kimono over the basic combo of high waisted jeans and a plain top. You may also upgrade your look by wearing a metallic belt which adds an elegant finish.
23. Leather belts and high waisted blue jeans definitely give off that “90s kid” vibes. A furry turtleneck is also a complementary top to your jeans.
24. High waisted jeans in the color grey go very well with black. This neutral look is definitely upscale.
25. If you’re aiming to dress for a casual summer day, you may pair your faded high waisted shorts with a bright colored top. This combination will give off the impression that you’re young and carefree.
26. This is another outfit ideal for going to music festivals. A lacy tank top looks great with black shorts.
27. You may also go for this very sheer look, which is watered down by the blue high waisted shorts. To tie the look altogether, black stockings may be worn underneath the shorts.
28. Woodcut jeans go well with chunky boots. The end result makes the model look significantly taller.
29. You can also throw a kimono over jeans that are woodcut!
30. Here is a very casual look with the basic combination of plain top and high waisted jeans.
31. A pair of acid-washed skinny jeans is great for showing off the figure of the wearer. With a collared blouse and heels, it is automatically upscale and formal.
32. With colored high waisted jeans, you might want to make sure that your top is neutral, like grey, white, or black. This is to tone-down the brightness of the jeans and to not appear overwhelming.
33. Printed high waisted shorts go well with neutral tops. It generally improves the tone of the outfit and prevents it from looking overly serious. This technique makes it allowable to wear unconventional clothing items such as leather jackets.
34. Ripped high waisted shorts also look great. The distressed fabric makes it look more casual. Pairing it with a white tank top and a floral kimono is a great summer outfit.
35. If you want to wear shorts but you’re afraid to show your legs off, then wearing black stockings underneath it is the way for you! The black stockings also gave the outfit a European finish.
36. Plaid polo shirts go well with high waisted denim shorts. You’ll end up giving off redneck vibes, especially when paired with a bandanna around the head and Doc Martens for shoes.
37. Nude colored high wasited shorts may be elevated by being paired with a brightly colored top. The bright colors prevents the shorts from appearing too formal.
38. A ripped pair of shorts also look great with a muscle band tee. This is a cool outfit for going to concerts or musical gigs.
39. The numerous buttons on the shorts adds details because it helps emphasize the length of the torso, which is great for petite individuals. Pairing it with a button down blouse is a classic ensemble.
40. Pairing your high waisted denim shorts with a polka-dotted blouse is a nice casual outfit. Adding details like a nude-colored belt and a flower accessory gives it a very natural and earthy vibe.
41. Polka-dotted tops may also be worn with plain blue jeans.
42. Instead of a kimono, you may also use a plaid polo as the main source of color and detail to your outfit. Make sure that your belt is either neutral-colored or at least complements your plaid top.
43. Instead of plain black stockings, you may also use fishnet ones.
44. Skinny high waisted jeans greatly highlights your figure. To add more height, pair it with high heels.
45. High waisted jean shorts do not need to be skinny all the time. Some baggy ones are perfect for a day of running errands. They’re convenient and comfortable.
46. Acid washed high waisted shorts go really well with a white bralette. To wrap the whole look up, you may wear a white polo over everything.
47. High waisted black shorts are great for neutral-colored outfits. You may wear knee-high socks to give the illusion of wearing knee-high boots. This gives more length to your legs.
48. Denim shorts with a distressed and fringed hem is great for a casual look. They have the same effect as ripped denim shorts.
49. Another option for the pattern of your high waisted shorts are stripes. They elongate your hips and make them look wider and curvier.
50. This is another Coachella-inspired combo of pairing lacy tops with plain blue denim shorts.
51. For baggy high waisted pants, it is an option to roll up the hem in order to give more attention to your shoes.
52. You can upgrade your basic denim shorts by pairing it with a bejeweled top. The exaggerated top and the simple bottom balances out.
53. Another way to customize your look is to tie a plaid polo shirt around your waist. It is very stylish and may even serve the purpose of hiding your exposed belly if you ever feel uncomfortable.
54. Grey high waisted pants partner well with a plain top and faded heeled boots. The overall look is semiformal.
55. It is definitely undeniable that black goes well with grey. In this case, if you have a loose top and you wish to emphasize your waist, you may tuck the top in.
56. High waisted pants are great for emphasizing your waist, hips, and butt.
57. You can elevate your simple black shorts by pairing it with a crocheted top and a hat.
58. Here is another example of pairing your shorts with a floral top to arrive with a summery ensemble.
59. Another option to style your loose top is to roll up the front into a bun to give it more shape. It also helps to emphasize your figure.
60. White form-fitting jeans are definitely sleek and stylish. Pairing it with light-colored accessories definitely gives an aura of elegance.
61. Another great combo is a plain sexy top with some form-fitting jeans.
62. A long-sleeved crop top goes well with high waisted denim shorts.
63. Pairing an ordinary pair of blue jeans with a collared top and heels naturally upgrades the look into something more formal.
64. It’s not necessary to always tuck in your loose tops into the high waisted jeans. It is an option to leave them hanging to arrive at a more laid-back look.
65.The same is applicable to black colored jeans. You may leave your top untucked and then just add a nice jacket.
66. Pairing booty shorts with a printed top definitely gives off that “90s kid” vibes.
67. You can go all black from your top all the way to your boots. For more variation, you may leave a few inches of your midriff exposed.
68. Acid washed high waisted jeans definitely look great once paired with heels.
69. Here is another Coachella-inspired look, brought about by the combo between a lacy top and plain high waisted shorts. The belt adds as a great detail.
70. A corset top is also a great partner for high waisted denim shorts. The result is a very sexy and chic vibe.
71. And here is Miley Cyrus seen demonsteating the effect of pairing a corset top with high waisted shorts. She definitely looks stunning!
72. Baggy high waisted pants are great on the go. For more sophistication, you may pair it with a nice pair of loafers.
73. Here is another examples of the corset and jean shorts combo. Adding the plaid polo as a jacket is a nice detail.
74. Pairing your shorts with fishnet stockings is a great style.
75. Instead of a plain white top, you can experiment with multiple colors.
76. Denim on denim is a great style as well.
77. You can never go wrong with sticking to neutral colors and pairing black with white.
78. You may also opt for jeans with an ombre effect. It’s a nice variation from the generic plain-colored ones.
79. Pairing a brightly colored corset top with plain high waist shorts definitely improves the vibe of this look.
80. Oversized sweatshirts also go perfectly with fitted shorts.
The important thing to remember is that fashion is very malleable. Always consider your personal comfort before style. Happy styling!